Now you can easily Update LG Optimus One P500 to Android 4.2.1 Jellybean using this simple guide. In this tutorial we will guide you through how to update your LG Optimus One P500 with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Custom ROM.But before the tutorial we should let you know some warnings and pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.Mobotalks Media will not be liable if your device or data gets damaged in any way during the process
- This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
- You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia MessagingService) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
- You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installed on your Computer and in LG Optimus One P500. As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
- Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
- Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources
- You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
Step 2. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
Step 3. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone. And Disconnect your USB
Step 4. Turn off your phone and Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
Step 5. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
Step 6. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom .zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
Step 7. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
Step 8. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
That’s it. That’s it! .If you have any issues regarding this tutorial then feel free to share your issue with us by leaving a comment.