The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will be roll out for the LG Optimus 4X HD soon as a pre-released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for LG Optimus 4X HD is now available for download, the new update will bring many new apps.This guide shows you how to download and install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for LG Optimus 4X HD with leaked firmware.
DISCLAIMER: Please proceed the below guide at your own risk, Mobotalks will not be held responsible if your device lost data or gets damaged following this guide.
Download LG Optimus 4X HD Official Android 4.1.2 Update from here
Download KDZ updater
Download LG Optimus 4X HD USB Driver
Download this file is a compressed file that contains everything you need dowload
Before proceeding, BACKUP Phone data such as contacts, messages, photos, etc. because the internal storage gets wiped and you will loose all your data.
>> It is advisable to Reset the phone before upgrading which can result in better performance. To do so, open Settings > Privacy and select ‘Factory data reset’ option.
How to update LG Optimus 4X HD firmware using KDZ updater –
1. Install the LG Optimus 4X HD on your PC. Note: Do NOT connect the phone to PC while drivers are installing. Alternatively, you can install the drivers using LG Mobile update tool.
Important: If you’ve installed LG PC Suite before, then open the ‘Device Manager’ and Disable LGE Virtual Modem.
2. Extract the file KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z (firmware) to a folder on desktop. You can change the file extension from .7z to .rar to open it with WinRar.
3. Open the KDZ folder and run msxml.msi.
4. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on Phone. To enable, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and tick mark the USB debugging checkbox.
5. Then Connect your phone to PC with USB cable. (DON’T turn on USB storage)
6. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the folder you extracted before. (Run as Administrator)
Select the TYPE as 3GQCT and Phone Mode as DIAG. For ‘KDZ file’ entry, browse to the update file directory and select V20B_00.kdz.
7. Press the ‘Launch software update’ button. The flashing will start and you will see an ‘Emergency mode’ screen on your phone. Wait for 5-10 minutes until the process gets finished. Don’t touch your phone or disturb the KDZ updater at this moment.
When process gets completed, the phone will reboot automatically, then disconnect it from PC. (If phone doesn’t reboots itself then switch it ON manually only after noticing the ==FINISHED== confirmation in KDZ software update window on your PC).
Voila! Upon restarting, your phone should be running up Android 4.1.2 Jelly BeanOS. Visit ‘About Phone’ in Settings to confirm
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.