Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 won’t going to see official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ever due to its hardware spec but the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean update is now possible for Galaxy Ace S5830 although not officially.
1. This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
2. You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
3. You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installed on your Computer and in Galaxy Y. As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
4. Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
5. Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources.
6. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device.
Downloading Required Files:
1. Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ROM For Samsung Galaxy Ace S583 [Filename: cooper_PAC_jb-13Dec.zip]
2. Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip]
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830:
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Now, locate the cooper_PAC_jb-13Dec.zip) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Done !!!! Well known and super customize Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Like us on Facebook to receive updates and discounts when this smartphone will be available in market.