Now you can Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMB2 firmware for Galaxy Ace 2 .here is a simple tutorial that show how to install pre-released I8160XXMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Ace 2 manually using Odin.Galaxy Ace 2 is going to be upgrade to Android 4.1.2. Since the first screenshots were leaked by SamMobile.
The pre-released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Ace 2 contains a firmware version I8160XXMB2, if you’re itching to get your hands over Jelly Bean and can’t wait for the official release, simply download and install pre-released I8160XXMB2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Ace 2 manually using Odin. You can check up this guide Below.
Read the following instructions carefully while Installing your galaxy ace 2on . Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.Mobotalks Media will not be liable if your device or data gets damaged in any way during the process
- This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
- You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
- You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installedon your Computer and in galaxy ace 2.As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
- Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
- Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMB2 firmware for Galaxy Ace 2
Step #2: Unzip both downloaded zip files into a folder.
Step #3: Open the folder where you’ve unzipped above file and run Odin3 v3.04.exe.
Step #4: Turn the device off.
Step #5: Reboot the device into download mode by holding down volume down, home and power buttons.
Step #6: Once you’re in download mode plug the device to PC using USB cable. Odin will detect the device, ID:COM will turn yellow and a message saying ADDED will appear. (Note: If Odin doesn’t detect the device, make sure that USB drivers are properly installed on your computer).
Step #7: Don’t make any change, just make sure that re-partition is unchecked.
Step #8: In Odin, select PDA and locate file PDA file from the folder where you’ve unzipped the downloaded firmware file in step 2, as well as select CODE file and locate file, then select CSC and locate file and at the end select CSC file and locate file.
Step #9: Click on Start button to start installation, once the installation done, your device will reboot itself and you’ll see message saying PASS (Note: If Odin refuse to install the update and show message FAIL, or get stuck, close the Odin and unplug device, then pull out battery from the device for a few seconds. Then put the battery back to the device and reboot into download mode. Then install the firmware again).
Step #10: If your device reboot into normal mode, you’re done, enjoy! But if you device gets stuck at boot screen, you need to perform wipe, to do so, turn off device, then reboot into recovery mode by holding down volume up, home and power buttons, in recovery mode, select the wipe data/factory reset, and confirm on the next screen. Once it done, select “Go Back” after that select “Reboot System Now.”
That’s it the leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now installed on your Galaxy Ace 2. Enjoy! If you experience any error during the installation process, leave a comment below.