Here is a small tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305 LTE and install ClockworkMod recovery.Senior XDA developer, ausdim, has released the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery package and root package for Galaxy S3 LTE allowing users to root their phone as well as install CWM Recovery without facing any difficulty.
The instructions are pretty straightforward but you will have to be careful with following the steps. The method described in this guide also increases the binary counter, which you can reset by using Chainfire’s TriangleAway app.
Trying this rooting on any other device or any other model of Samsung Galaxy S III may damage your phone.and charge your device so that there are at least 70% or more charge is there with it, to assure that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
Backup all essential data’s on your phone like sms, call logs, contacts and APN to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process .
This guide describes the steps for root and ClockworkMod Recovery for the Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
Before getting started with the procedures, get ready with the following packages:
- Download Odin3.zip on your computer. Unzip Odin3.zip to get a new folder Odin3.
- Download I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 on your computer. Do not extract this file — you need it as it is.
- Download CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip (or the latest version of SuperSU from its official XDA thread) to your computer. Do not extract this file. Place this file in the root directory of your phone’s internal storage.
- Samsung USB drivers for Windows, if you are running Windows, or the drivers for Mac or Linux if you are running those. Install the drivers if you haven’t installed them already.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in your device (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging).
How To Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305
Follow the steps below to install ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305:
- Turn off the device.
- Boot into Download Mode by keeping the ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ buttons pressed while pressing the ‘Power’ button (Volume Down + Home + Power), until you see a WARNING! screen.
- At the WARNING! screen, read it and press ‘Volume Up’ button to enter Download mode.
- Double-click Odin3 v3.04.exe (in the folder Odin3 which you had downloaded earlier) to launch Odin.
- Plug-in your device to the computer using USB cable.
- After you plug-in the device, the first box at the top of Odin, i.e, ID:COM will turn blue and the message ‘Added’ should appear in the message box in Odin.
- Check that ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ options are enabled and that no other options are selected.
- On the Odin window, click on PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 file that you had downloaded earlier.
- After verifying all the settings again, click on ‘Start’ to start the flashing.
- Wait until Odin does its thing. The box at the top of Odin shows ‘RESET’ after the flashing procedure is complete.
- Wait till the device automatically reboots.
- Unplug the USB cable.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305 using CWM Recovery
To root your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305 using CWM recovery, follow the steps below:
- Reboot your device once before following the steps below.
- Hold down the Power button to turn off the device (if its not already off).
- Keep pressing “Volume Up + Home + Power” buttons combo to boot into CWM recovery which you had just installed.
- Take a backup of your device by choosing ‘backup and restore‘, and then select ‘backup‘.
- After the backup is complete, ‘go back‘ to the main menu of CWM recovery.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’.
- Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Now select the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip (or the latest version of SuperSU) that you had downloaded earlier.
- Choose Yes, and CWM recovery will now start installing the file.
- After successful installation, you can reboot your device by choosing ‘go back’ and then ‘reboot system now’.
- Done! Your phone is now rooted (if everything went fine)!
- Open up your Apps list and you will notice a new app ‘SuperSU’. You can access it anytime to manage root permissions for different apps.
Provided all the instructions followed strictly, you should be having a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (I9305) with CWM Recovery installed on your phone