If you have a Micromax Canvas HD A116 you have come to the right place.Today we will be sighted rooting of Micromax Mobile Device called “Micromax Canvas HD “.Micromax Canvas HD comes with the Android version of 4.1 jelly bean Rooting the Phone allows users to do various things unlock root features.
So, here is a simple guide to root your Micromax Canvas HD A116 device by simple methods. Just root your smartphone and get a lot.
Note: Follow the below steps at your own risk, Mobotalks media will not be responsible if you are attacked by any error to your phone. Yet there is less chance of failing, but be careful. You may also know that rooting will damage your manufacturer’s warranty.
1. This root tutorial will only works on Micromax Canvas HD A116.
2. Make sure that you have backup the data, apps and settings from your Micromax device such as SMS, MMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Audios, Videos, Bookmarks, Wi-Fi, APN settings and MMS settings etc as this process is going to wipe every data from your device.
3. Check of security suites such as antivirus and firewall whether they are disabled on your Computer.
4. You need to turn on the Enable USB Debugging on your Micromax Canvas HD A116. This can be done simply by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and ticking the USB Debugging option box.
5. Please put your battery in charge and make sure that it was charged to at least 80%.
How To Root And Install CWM Recovery On Micromax Canvas HD A116 [Ultimate Guide]
- Initially you need to download SP Flash Tools file and CWM Recovery package and save it to a convenient folder on your PC.
- Now download the Root File 1 and Root File 2 and save them to a convenient folder on your PC as well.
- Now connect your Micromax Canvas HD A116 to your computer via USB cable.
- Now copy both the root files that you have downloaded in step 2 on your SD card. It is recommended that you copy these files in the root folder of your SD card.
- Now on your PC extract the SP Flash Tools file that you had downloaded in step 1 and open the SP Flash Tool file. You will find this file in the extracted folder.
- Now a window will open on your computer screen. Select “Scatter loading” and proceed.
- Now go to the extracted folder of the root package, then go to “S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user” folder and select the “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc” file which is Canvas HDs Scatter Loading file.
- Now on your screen check the “Recovery.img” option. Make sure that you have unchecked all other option.
- Now disconnect your phone from your computer and turn it off.
- Now on the Flash Tool, select “USB Mode” and enable it on your Phone as well.
- Now Go to, “Options -> DA Download All -> Speed -> High Speed”.
- Now click on the “Download” button.
- Now connect your phone to your computer again and then turn it On.
- Now the updation process will begin. Please wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is completed, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Now turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode. To boot your phone into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Rocker button and Power button at the same time until the Recovery menu appears.
- Now press Volume Up button to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Now in the Recovery Menu select “Flash update.zip” and select both the root file one by one that you had copied to your phone’s SD card in Step 4.
- Now the rooting process will begin.
- When the rooting process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be done.
Now, you can reboot your device once more and reach CWM recovery in order to test the same. Do tell us how things worked for you and if the CWM recovery image has been successfully installed on your Micromax Canvas HD A116 smartphone. The best part is that you can now look forward in installing a custom ROM firmware on your device; you can learn how to do this by checking our “update Micromax Canvas HD A116” section. Stay close for further guides and Android related news.