Today our tutorial how to Root ZSDMB4 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Jelly Bean Official Firmware with CF-Root. We already know that Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 can now be updated to P3110ZSDMB4 official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware.The 4.1.2 firmware update to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with many new features like multi window,4.2 Keyboard with Swipe feature,new customizable notification Panel.
Read the following instructions carefully while Rooting your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P3110 on ZSDMB4 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Make sure, you are on the ZSDMB4 Android 4.1.2 firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet. If you are used to installing official updates through ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this should not be any different for you. Note, this tutorial will not install ClockworkMod recovery.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.Mobotalks Media will not be liable if your device or data gets damaged in any way during the process
- This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
- You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
- You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installed on your Computer and in Galaxy Tab.As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
- Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
- Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources
- This root method works for ZSDMB4 Android 4.1.2 JB.
- Your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 should be on an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM.
How to Root ZSDMB4 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Jelly Bean Official Firmware with CF-Root
Step 3 - Switch OFF your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while your tablet is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the file that you have to flash/install on your tablet. This file will be found from the extracted file in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.zip‘.
Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your tablet will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
Step 11 - After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
NOTE: Sometimes the device does NOT boot into Recovery Mode automatically (as given in Step 10) and root your device. If that happens, do the entire procedure again.
OPTIONAL: Still not rooted? Once again perform the entire tutorial, but make sure in ODIN, the “Auto Reboot” option is NOT checked. Then after installation (Step 10), do the following:
Step 11 - Pull out the battery (or keep holding the Power button) to turn OFF the tablet forcefully.
Step 12 - Now boot (turn ON your tablet) with Volume Down + Power buttons to go directly into Recovery Mode manually. This will start the install process of rooting your phone.