It’s time to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7000 to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean but with the help of a free custom ROM. The new ROM brings many noticeable changes to the appearance and performance of your device.
In this tutorial we will guide you through how to update your Galaxy Note 2 N7000 with CarbonRom Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Custom ROM.But before the tutorial we should let you know some warnings and pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.Mobotalks Media will not be liable if your device or data gets damaged in any way during the process
- This process requires at least 70% battery life to accomplish it.
- You must take the backup of the following data such as SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Images, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, APN (Access Point Names) settings and MMS (Multimedia MessagingService) settings etc. After creating backup of your data you can also restore them.
- You should disable the security suites such as antivirus or firewall whatever installed on your Computer and in Galaxy Note 2 N7000. As these may cause interruption during the process due to security issue on your system/device.
- Navigate yourself to the place / option where you can Enable the USB Debugging on your Galaxy Y device through this path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Remember to check the USB Debugging option at the end.
- Also tick mark and enable Settings->Security-> Unknown sources .
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7000 Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Custom Firmware
Step 2. Connect your device via a USB cable to your computer.
Step 3. Copy the downloaded zip files on your SD card, remember not to copy the file somewhere in the root of the SD card not any folder.
Step 4. Switch off your device and disconnect device by unplugging the USB cable.
Step 5. Now enter into recovery mode.To enter into recovery mode you need to press Volume p button and Home while turning the phone on.
Step 6. In ClockworkMod recovery, you need to perform a full data wipe first.Now navigate down to ‘flash zip from SD car’, Press power button to select.
Step 7. Select ‘choose zip from SD card’ .Using volume keys navigate to ‘Android 4.2.1 ROM’ zip file and select it by pressing power button.
Step 8. Installation will begin on next screen, confirm it. Repeat the same for Google Apps package.
Step 9. Navigate to “+++++Go Back”, select reboot system now and wait for device to boot again.
That’s it. That’s it! .If you have any issues regarding this tutorial then feel free to share your issue with us by leaving a comment.