Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 won’t going to see official Android 4.4 KitKat ever due to its hardware specification but the latest Android 4.4 KitKat update is now possible for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 by installing Cyanogenmod 11custom ROM (unofficial).
Read the following instructions carefully while updating your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to latest Android 4.4 KitKat. Please note that each and every step mentioned in this article is important.
Disclaimer: Steps mentioned in the further article are considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is requested that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these things. Follow all the steps at your own risk. Mobotalks or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile.
Before reading the ROM installation guide, please note that this ROM is in preliminary stage and does contain few bugs
Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 smartphones.
2. Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
3. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
5. If you are still on stock 4.1 ROM, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing. It will not work on 4.1 stock ROM’s bootloader.
6. Create backup of your firmware using CWM recovery and backup all essential data like contacts, files, settings.
Downloading Required Files:
2. Google Apps
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Kikat 4.4 Rom .zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.4 ROM. Navigate to Menu>> Settings>> About Tablet >> Software info to verify the new firmware installed.
Congrats!!! Well known and super customize Android 4.4 Kikat firmware based custom ROM now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
If you face any problem while installing Android 4.4 KitKat ROM for Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP.