Hi Guys!! This time, I am going to post on Custom Rom for Galaxy S Duos S7562. There are lots of custom Rom based on ICS and Jelly Bean flavor.The Custom Rom I am providing is CyanogenMod 10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM and support s7562 only. This Rom was developed by XDA Developer and based on android 4.2.1 jelly bean update. I will guide you through complete steps to install Jelly bean Rom on your Galaxy S Duos s7562.
As we also know that galaxy ace won’t get any official update by OTA for Jelly Bean/ICS .Hence many people at various developer forum created various custom ROM. Lots of users liked those flavor and enjoying. Jelly Bean Rom also get positive feedback so you should try this ROM if you own device.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
Before You Begin:
1. CyanogenMod 10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2 ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562. Don’t use for other model.
2.Your device must be ROOTED and latest CWM Recovery installed.
3.Make a full Nandroid backup using CWM Recovery. You may use TWRP. Backup is must in case installation failed.
4.Backup SMS, Contacts, Whatsapp messages.
5.Enable USB Debugging from setting menu.
6.Installing Custom ROM is neither endorsed by your handset provider nor by us. Installing custom ROM will void manufacturer warranty.
Downloading Required Files:
1. Jelly Bean 4.2.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 from here –>[http://mirrors.reflected.net/pub/get.cm/jenkins/20338/]
File Name : cm-10.1-20130216-NIGHTLY-galaxysmtd.zip
2. Google Apps From Here –>[http://www.mediafire.com/?qscnhfuadsujki1 ]
1. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
2. Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone.
3. Disconnect USB
4. Turn off your phone
5. Boot into recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons
6. Wipe the Data and Dalvic Cache or you might brick your device afterwards
7. Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. (Locate the Jelly Bean 4.2 Rom .zip file) and select it by pressing Power button.
8. Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose Google apps instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
9. When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 ROM
Congrats!!! Well known and super customize Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based custom ROM now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562.